Patient Safety Practices for COVID 19
Patient safety is our utmost priority at My MD Personal Family Care. We have maximized safety measures for both patients and staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be aware that the highest safety standards that are mandated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Dare County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) have been replicated to the best of our ability.
We Kindly Request
• Patients remain in their cars until appointment time
• Follow the 3 W’s: Wash hands for 30 seconds or use Alcohol-based Hand Sanitizer regularly, wear face coverings , and wait 6 feet apart
• Do not bring “extra” people for your appointment. Each patient may bring one support person, with the exception of pediatric patients, where two parents may attend the visit.
For Our Patients
• We offer remote check-in and scheduling of appointments
• Minimized paperwork with online application process as well as essential medical form completion prior to arrival.
• Contactless billing via Hint billing platform.
• Front doors to remain locked to control patient traffic in the office. We are not currently using our reception area. Patients are taken directly from their vehicles to an exam room.
• We have allotted extra time for appointments to allow cleaning and avoid any contact between patients during their visit.
• all patients and support persons entering the facility will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms as well as have temperature checked prior to entry.
• We comply with OSHA- Standards and CDC recommendations for cleaning.
• Each exam room is thoroughly disinfected and all surfaces are cleaned before and after each patient.
• We use EPA approved disinfectants against COVID-19
• All staff will remain in medical grade face coverings.
• Patients with risk factors for COVID 19 will be appropriately triaged and referred for testing or seen via telehealth appointments.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID 19 or have symptoms such as fever, cough or loss of taste or smell, please call the North Carolina or Dare county COVID hotline to receive information regarding the most rapid testing for COVID 19. At MyMD we do offer testing, but our current turn-around time is 4-5 days which is not optimal. We are happy to take your call and help you make the right decision for you and your family.
We will continue to keep up to date with the current changes issued by our local health officials and government agencies and will adjust our policies accordingly.